We’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award!
What is a Liebster Award, you ask?
After doing a little research it turns out that The Liebster Award is an online award given to new bloggers by bloggers who’ve been on the scene for a while. We are excited to be recognized by the blogging community and to have been found, and nominated, by other bloggers that had no idea we previously existed. Thank you for nominating us fellow homeschooler and blogger Sticky Boogers!! With a blog name like that, who wouldn’t want to check them out?!? 🙂
From the extensive searches I have conducted in my attempts to learn about this award, I have visited a bunch of blogs and gleaned the following information:
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
- The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
- Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
- Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
- Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”.
It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. I would have to agree!
- What is the story behind your blog name? 1: When my son was younger we were working on singing the ABCs. He was singing “A,B,Cccclovey” when he got distracted by his lovey. We laughed and laughed because it sounded like he said “C’est La Vie”. Since I was video taping him, he’s seen the video numerous times and still giggles and says it as he walks around the house. 2: C’est La Vie is a french word meaning “such is life” or “it is what it is”. We started our travel journeys after life through some tenacious curve balls, so we figured if it weren’t for those, we wouldn’t have started this blog. 3: Three because there’s 3 of us in our family and we cubed it because, well…we’re nerds like that!
- When and why did you start blogging? Ha, about 3 months ago. I’m hoping I’m doing it right!
- Where you like to be in 5 years time? Traveling, homeschooling, living somewhere I haven’t lived before, and loving life with my family!
- If you could write a letter to yourself 10 years a go, what is one thing you would tell your younger self? Eat healthier, exercise more, be adventurous, learn as much as you can, get an education or nursing degree because those are irreplaceable as a SAHM, travel. One day you’ll own an RV, actually maintain a garden which is a far cry from killing anything that’s green, you’ll homeschool, and be crunchier than you ever imagined you’d be! I couldn’t just pick ONE! 🙂
- What do you find to be the most challenging part of blogging? Writing! Whether it’s my grammar or actually having the time to have a complete thought come to fruition. I struggle with what people may find interesting. I love searching homeschool blogs and find them extremely helpful, but struggle with what topics would be helpful to others.
- If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be? Um….everywhere? Is that an option? First I’d like the tackle to US!
- What is your favorite food? Salad…and chocolate. If I had to pick 2, I would live off of those!
- What is one thing that you want to do before you die? Live. 🙂
- What is your favorite post that you have written? Probably one of my homeschool ones. We don’t have that many to choose from since we’re so new.
- What advice would you give to someone just starting a blog? Just write about what you think is important and someone, somewhere, will find it motivating and helpful!
- What is one goal related to blogging that you would like to complete in the next year? I’d love to just become more popular. I’d love to have more followers, likes, etc. Sharing is caring! 🙂
Nominations Now the fun part – where I get to spread the love and nominate other new bloggers!
RV Living with The Vetetoe Family
Our Fellow Clemson Tigers with RV Lucky Or What
Traveling the World with The Nuberns